Re: Expensive Software - CHEAP

Subject: Re: Expensive Software - CHEAP
From: Kelly Hoffman <kelly -at- NASHUA -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 17:30:03 EST

Jan <0505EN09 -at- UHDVX3 -dot- DT -dot- UH -dot- EDU> writes:

> Stephen writes:
> > An ethical question arises--should a student who buys an educational
> > version at a discount go on to make money on contract using the software?

> This I have absolutely no problem with. The software is legally purchased and
> what you do with it is your business.

Unless part of the deal that gets you the educational price is a restriction
on use (e.g, a license that indicates it's not for commercial use). I've
never dealt with educational versions of software, so I don't know whether
there are any strings attached to the purchase. (In other words, I'm
making this up. :-)

kkh
Kelly K. Hoffman kelly -at- nashua -dot- hp -dot- com
Learning Products Engineer
Hewlett-Packard, Network Test Division "Reading the manual is
One Tara Blvd., Nashua, NH 03062 admitting defeat."