Re: Another strange warning

Subject: Re: Another strange warning
From: Kim Ballard <ballardk -at- MACE -dot- CC -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 14:05:41 EST

'Linda Kelley' writes in an earlier message

> The instruction manual for my new hair dryer includes the warning

> "Never use while sleeping."

> (Sleepwalkers, beware.)

Actually, Linda, the warning is not so weird. I bet you bought a
"blow-dryer" instead of the older type of hairdryers which came
complete with bonnets that people attached to the unit. The older type
of hairdryer was the subject of a number of letters to either Ann
Landers of Dear Abby (I read them both) a few years ago.
Apparently some people run the older hairdryers while they sleep
because they like the noise (sort of like a wind tunnel, I guess).

--
Kim Ballard
Purdue University