Re: homophones

Subject: Re: homophones
From: Kim Ballard <ballardk -at- MACE -dot- CC -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 1994 07:50:11 EST

'Tina Santy' writes in an earlier message

> For years I thought that the book of Genesis was the story of adamant
> Eve.

I wasn't going to get into religious examples, but since Tina cracked
the barrier ;-> . . . I was 4 when my grandfather died. One of his
brothers who looked very much like him was brought from a nursing home
to my parents' house where my grandfather's casket had been brought
and where the funeral was held. Friends and neighbors had also loaded
the kitchen and dining room with food to feed the funeral guests. When
I walked into the dining room and mistook my great-uncle for my
grandfather, the term 'last supper,' which I'd learned in church,
became clear to me. I remember the impact of my discovery but not how
anyone explained my confusion.
--
Kim Ballard
Purdue University