Using HTML

Subject: Using HTML
From: Steve Owens <uso01%eagle -at- UNIDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 09:56:03 +0700

In article <m0pR28g-000SlqC -at- eros>, Barbara Rigg-Healy <brigg -at- ariel -dot- unm -dot- edu>
wrote:
> I'm interested in hearing from anyone using HTML for online doc design. We
> have a lot of hard-copy documentation that we want to move to an online
> [...]

Janet Ansell replies:
> There's one called wp2html (for Wordperfect 5.1). More information on it
> is reportedly to be found on the Web as:

> hhtp://info/cern/ch/hypertext/WWW/Tools/Overview.html

>[...]
> Our university environment also has a zillion different desktop displays.
> We too support UNIX, MVS, MTS, DOS, Mac, Windows and lots of applications.
> I'm still trying out Mosaic as a way of delivering documents on-line but
> so far, the translation part of the equation seems pretty easy to handle.

Interesting... I'm facing a similar situation, as are others. I was
looking at using some form of html, possibly with lynx, but I never
got very far in researching it. What have you learned? What client
are you using, and how did you go about setting it up?

One problem I'm going to run into is that I'm using Framemaker 3, which
doesn't save to RTF format, although there may be a filter out there to
do the job.

Steven J. Owens
uso01 -at- unidata -dot- com