grams/liter, mg/m^3=YIKES!

Subject: grams/liter, mg/m^3=YIKES!
From: Matt Hicks <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 1994 10:36:38 -0700

>From: Paul David Marvel <marvel -at- BACH -dot- UDEL -dot- EDU>
>Subject: Re: measuring VOCs

>Michele:

>Those numbers seem off to me too. I don't have a reference, but I do this
>kind of math at work.

>1 cubic meter = 1000 litres
>1 gram = 1000 milligram

>420 g/l = 420,000,000 mg/m3

>Let me know where they're applying this paint so I can stay away. :)

Me too. Making the above figure a bit more useful and sobering:

420,000,000 mg/m3 = 420 kg/m3 = ~ half a ton in a cubic meter!

Let's hope these figures are wrong!_____________________________________________
Matthew B. Hicks |"Bathe her and bring her to my tent--that's what
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu | power's all about."
303/497-8676 | Bill Maher, Politically Incorrect