Re: Renaming help

Subject: Re: Renaming help
From: Guy Haas <ghaas -at- INFORMIX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1994 07:30:53 -0700

> Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1994 06:37:43 -0500
> Subject: Renaming help

> >Do you think any of the following terms would be *help*ful for renaming
> >the on-line help:

> >Medicine
> >Rx
> >Remedy
> >1-800

> How about:

> Buy-A-Clue
> or
> 411

Aren't "411," "1-800," and the elsewhere-suggested "911" purely local
to the US (and perhaps Canada)? The at-least-more-nearly-universal
question mark or the lower-case-I-with-a-large-dot are better candidates
in today's global market.

--ghaas -at- informix -dot- com
Guy K. Haas, Sr. Tech Writer RTFM?
Informix Software Inc IWTFT!
4100 Bohannon Dr. ^
Menlo Park, CA 94025
[If I were speaking on behalf of Informix, I'd say so, *explicitly*.]