Re: Non-computer writers

Subject: Re: Non-computer writers
From: Steve Gray <sagray -at- AMP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 1994 11:47:25 EDT

> How many technical writers on this list write about technologies OTHER than
> computers and computing? Granted, we all USE computers in our work, but
> computer technology seems to absorb a majority of those who practice our
> craft. What about the rest? What do you write about?

James, it's time for me to raise my hand. I seldom get to write on
software, or even for computer-related items, for that matter.

My company makes electical/electonic connectors, and most of
my time involves documenting the tooling used to apply the
connectors. Everything from simple hand tools to room-sized
monsters that produce complex cable assemblies.

I guess that the internet medium attracts more computer writers
than not, so we're probably in the minority...

Steve Gray sagray -at- amp -dot- com
Corp Stds & Tech Pubs
AMP Incorporated, Harrisburg, PA (717) 780-4393