Portfolios

Subject: Portfolios
From: "Vollbach, Elizabeth" <evollbach -at- CCLINK -dot- LOGICON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 09:54:32 PST

It sort of amazes me, too, like Barb said, that more employers don't
ask to see prospective employees' writing samples. As a matter of
fact, if I recall correctly, no one has EVER asked to see my writing
samples.

Mostly, this is a good thing since so much that I have written has
been classified or proprietary. But I do have some samples I could
show. I've even offered to show them and was told it wouldn't be
necessary. I don't know, maybe it's because I've lived in San Diego
since '86, and employers take for granted I don't have much I could
show. (San Diego, until Clinton, was a pretty big center for defense
contractors.)

Whatever the reason, my present employer didn't ask to see writing
samples and, for the heck of it, I didn't offer. I got the job. Go
figure. Maybe I have a trustworthy face. Beth