Re: Resume styles

Subject: Re: Resume styles
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <arlen -dot- walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 08:36:37 -0500

>Regarding the criteria used by people who "weed" out resumes: first
>impressions matter! Unfortunately, _every_ person who sifts through piles
>of resumes has his or her own opinion about what a good (vs. bad) resume
>looks like. And based on that opinion, your resume either gets passed on
>to decision makers or gets "filed for six months in case something comes up."
>What you think "works," others may think is totally inappropriate. That's a
>fact of life.

I'm reminded of one of the pieces of resume preparation advice I read
somewhere (I think it was in What Color Is Your Parachute? but I'm not
sure). For every type of resume someone uses to land a job there are at
least ten personnel managers who will tell you that particular resume style
would get tossed out unread at their company.

Have Fun,
Arlen

arlen -dot- walker -at- jci -dot- com
This mail message contains 100% recycled electrons