Name for Help

Subject: Name for Help
From: Mary Ann Clark <maryc -at- OWLNET -dot- RICE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 1994 19:27:46 GMT

I developers of the system I am documenting a system have added single
line descriptions of the menu item, screen object, etc. along the bottom of
the current window. Although this information is context sensitive (the
message describes the object the mouse is currently pointing to) and it is
helpful-- "context-sensitive help" sounds overblown for the amount of
information provided.

I know other systems have this type of help. What do you call it when
describing it to users, in the manual for example?


Mary Ann

Previous by Author: [no subject]
Next by Author: Re(2): FrameMaker Menu capture (why do it)
Previous by Thread: contract editing (response summary)
Next by Thread: Name for Help

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads