Re: Hobbe's Internet timeline

Subject: Re: Hobbe's Internet timeline
From: mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 1994 18:40:47 EDT

Pat O' writes:
>Look, I didn't WRITE the goddamn thing, alright? Save the militant feminist
...blah blah blah...
>all of it -- and DON'T WASTE MY TIME!

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm not agreeing with Margaret (I don't even get
the joke - "root" evidently has an Australian meaning this poor Canuck missed),
and I do appreciate you posting the article originally.

HOWever... what on Earth possessed you to post this to the list? Her reply
wasn't sent to the list, was it? (if it was, and I just missed it, skip to
page 10) If you're going to be rude, abusive, and basically set yourself up
as flamebait, do it in private where you don't compound Margaret's "crime"
by wasting everyone else's time as well.

Why am I posting this to the list? In the hopes that my reply will get there
first and forestall a whole mess o' righteous-indignation-type posts from
everyone else.

BTW, Pat, as per the profanity discussion, if you _must_ be obscene, please
at least be creative.

Thanks,

Michael Priestley
mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
Disclaimer: Speaking on my own behalf not IBM's.