Re: metrics

Subject: Re: metrics
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 1994 09:22:42 CDT

|}
|} M>I have
|} M>heard that Microsoft charges the TW department for each call Support
|} M>takes. I don't know how well this works.
|}
|} I hope they differentiate between software problems and document
|} problems. Overall, their documentation is good, except where they
|} happily tell you about features that don't work. Most of my calls to
|} software companies are because of program flaws, not because the
|} documentation didn't cover something.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean, Barb, but in my book, if I
happily tell your customer about a feature that doesn't work, that's
a document flaw. ``C'est plus qu'un crime, c'est une faute,'' as they
say, ``It's worse than a crime, it's a mistake!''

/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ "She understood, as he did, that all writing
was infernally boring and futile, but that it had to be done out of respect
for tradition" --Stanislaw Lem