Re: Pulling My Hair Out

Subject: Re: Pulling My Hair Out
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- CORE -dot- CORP -dot- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 17:06:37 -0500

>A lot of people don't seem to realize that resumes are used primarily
>for ELIMINATING candidates. Often advisedly. Perhaps those of you
>who are "cleaning up" resumes are doing a disservice to the poor
>person who might hire a jerk with an impressive resume.

That last statement, sir, I repectfully submit, is an entire
eighteen-wheeler full of decayed fecal matter. It is an insufferable stack
of defective mule froth. Further, it is a cantankerous barrel of defective
pimple squeezings. (Who says you need profanity to express strong feelings?
;{>} )

I realize resumes lose jobs, not land them. But I also realize that plenty
of other Bozos are getting other people to *completely* write their resume
for them. Why should some honest schnook who's just looking for a little
help be penalized because some human resources type doesn't have the
interviewing skills required to weed out the idiots? If you hire a jerk,
it's your fault. As you yourself pointed out, resumes eliminate people.
They don't get them hired. Don't blame me if your interviewer can't do his
job.

Have Fun,
Arlen

arlen -dot- walker -at- jci -dot- com
IN GOD WE TRUST --- All others must provide data