Re: Pulling My Hair Out

Subject: Re: Pulling My Hair Out
From: Ray Bruman x2325 <rbruman -at- TURING -dot- RAYNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 13:22:16 PDT

Shelley Larock <larock -at- TYCHO -dot- ARH -dot- CDC -dot- COM> wrote:

[earlier stuff deleted]

> One time I edited my boyfriend's resume and he didn't understand
> why I suggested the changes I did. He said it was just fine the
> way it was, so I told him to stick it up his ass and leave it
> there until he was ready to take some constructive criticism.
> He pulled it out the next day, made the changes I suggested, and
> sent it out. :) Oh yeah, he did increase the font size by
> one point. Seems as though that was one thing *I* forgot to
> notice. So I asked him if he remembered to update his address
> and phone number on his resume and he gave me a blank look.
> Seems as though that was one thing *he* forgot to do.

Aha! Here's the answer to something that I've wondered about, in
my capacity as Job-Referral Coordinator for my chapter of STC:

Many times, I see a resume, and wonder "Why did he put this shit
on it?"

At last, I see how some resumes get that way. Good for you, Shelley!

Little things on resumes can be important advisories for future
relationships. Like the little things people do which I put into
the category of "Small Crap Warnings."

A lot of people don't seem to realize that resumes are used primarily
for ELIMINATING candidates. Often advisedly. Perhaps those of you
who are "cleaning up" resumes are doing a disservice to the poor
person who might hire a jerk with an impressive resume.

Ever seen a piece of documentation written by someone who obviously
hadn't the slightest qualification for doing so? Ever wonder how
they were permitted to do that? Something to think about.

Ray Bruman In this establishment,
Raynet Corp. we DO NOT DISCUSS
rbruman -at- raynet -dot- com race, religion, politics,
415-688-2325 or nutrition.