Re: Who can't write?

Subject: Re: Who can't write?
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 15:14:22 EDT

I think a large part of the problem is that an engineering degree
has so many required courses in the major that the students have
little time for anything else that doesn't fit a distribution
requirement. This means, in most cases, that the only writing
course they'll take is freshman comp, if that's required. I've
noticed that Canadian computer scientists seem to write better
than American or British computer scientists; I think this is
connected to the fact that most if not all Canadian engineering
programs include a required course in writing for engineers.

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com
New York, NY