Re: windows help

Subject: Re: windows help
From: Dana <dana -at- SPRY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 17:42:29 GMT

A good educational book:

"Developing Online Help for Windows"
Scott Boggan, David Farkas, Joe Welinske
SAMS publishing

starts at the very beginning, nice style, lotsa screen shots, not devoted to any
particular tool, includes a disk with shortcut macros
on it. i would say you'd also wanna get an actual Windows Help Compiler guide
from Microsoft, for when you actually
get down to business.

If you get yourself a good Help tool, you'll find you can make a basic help file
the first day. I would never recommend doing
it from scratch (haven't tried using the macros in the Help book). Having only
used one tool (Robohelp) I can't really make
an objective recommendation of which tool to use (Robohelp works in Word 2.0/6.0
and treats me just fine) but there are
quite a few out there. Take the plunge!

:::::::<<<<NETWORKING THE DESKTOP>>>>::::::::
Dana Armstrong (dana -at- spry -dot- com)
SPRY, Inc.
Technical Documentation
(206) 442-8227

SPRY home page=http://www.spry.com

"I don't know, but I've been told
If you keep on dancing, you'll never grow old"