Through wins over thru

Subject: Through wins over thru
From: "John E. Brush" <brush -at- CIVENG1 -dot- CIV -dot- PITT -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 12:32:24 GMT

There were many responses to my question on the usage of the word
thru, and I thank all who took the time to respond.

The majority opinion was to use through, so I have decided to bow to
my peers and change my writing style. FYI - My original decision to
use thru was based on the Department of Defense Technical Writing
Style Guide, MIL-HDBK-63038-2 (TM).

To all of you who questioned my education, manhood, and ancestry
for even considering using thru, I suggest that you pick up a book
on Net etiquette. I can take constructive criticism as well as the
next person, but I thought some of the replies were down right
rude!

. . . John