Re: Rejection (aka "ding") letters

Subject: Re: Rejection (aka "ding") letters
From: "Westra, Kayla L." <13718westr -at- KCPBLDG01 -dot- BV -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 16:35:00 CDT

I actually had an agent say, "I'll probably regret passing on this
manuscript, but I'm going to."

The good news? She now regrets it!
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Date: Friday, August 19, 1994 8:20AM

Hi again!

Someone I knew (a frustrated technical writer who crafted lovely short
fiction)
got brave and sent a particularly beautiful piece to *The New Yorker*
magazine.
According to him (he wouldn't show me), he got back a "ding" letter that
said
only this:

Sorry.

Compact, eloquent, yes. Kind to a writer's ego? No. But, hey-- when you're
*The
New Yorker*...

Dumb question: Is there such a thing as an old yorker?