Pet Peeves

Subject: Pet Peeves
From: Linda Anderson <CatBallou2 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 1994 00:39:17 EDT

>Hi! What are your writing pet peeves? What things do
>you make certain that you edit out of your drafts and the
>writing of subject matter experts (SMEs)?

My biggest pet peeve is the use of the word "leverage". In the marketing
department where I work, that word is used to DEATH! Someone is always
"leveraging" someone else, or one of our sister companies "leverages" too
much business. Quite frankly, it's beginning to confuse me as to the true
meaning of the word now.

Whatever happened to simple, direct language anyway?

Ciao!
Linda

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.