Re: Surely you jest!

Subject: Re: Surely you jest!
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 1994 10:43:59 -0700

Vollbach, Elizabeth said:
> I like being a tech writer, and I think this is a respectable
> profession, so don't get me wrong. But Ole must certainly be kidding
> about wanting to become a tech writer at this point. You're a
> resident, and NOW you want to leave? Oh brother!

I must say that I'm glad I didn't discuss my own recent career change
on this list! He didn't ask you whether his career change was a good
idea, he asked for help doing it. It's none of your business whether
this is a good idea or not, IMHO.

> Well, maybe you really, really hate being a doctor, and you really,
> really love to write. My suggestion: continue with your present
> career, and write a best seller.

Yeah. That's more or less what my mother told me when I talked about
dropping out of college. Guess what? Two quarters later, I had flunked
out on my butt! This is NOT good advice.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com