Re: Online or Hardcopy?

Subject: Re: Online or Hardcopy?
From: "Westra, Kayla L." <13718westr -at- KCPBLDG01 -dot- BV -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 08:44:00 CDT

Shelly wrote:
> Students could
>access certain URL's and somehow someone could figure
>out how to charge them for it.

We use a system called Task Tracker that logs PC usage. It logs your
employee number (and in our case, project number), then bills the project
for usage. Something like this could be modified for student usage. I can
see one problem--people like my husband who never cracked open a book if he
could help it. What if the profs could access how much time you spent
reading on-line?

FWIW

Kayla