Online vs. Paper Information

Subject: Online vs. Paper Information
From: Charles Bottoms <bottoms -at- CS -dot- HH -dot- AB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 1994 14:41:50 -0400

I'm new to this net and a few days behind, but here are some
thoughts regarding online vs paper information.
(Sorry, I have no data to support this).

Until schools and teachers use only computers with online
information to teach students, technical communicators
will have to provide both paper and online information.
The point is some people will go with what they know, while
others will welcome the change. But for now, there will
be a push for "progress" but a need for the "familiar".

There are kids with digital watches who don't know how
to tell time when asked to do so using analog watches.
How you learn, what you learn in school is a key
to how you learn, what you learn later.