Delivery of on-line financial analyst manual

Subject: Delivery of on-line financial analyst manual
From: "Tate-Stratton, Nikki A" <Nikki_A_Tate-Stratton -at- FINCC02 -dot- FIN -dot- GOV -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 1994 09:39:26 -0800

Kay,

The users are a small group (4-6) of financial analysts. Their jobs
as tecnicians/analysts require completion of a huge number of
interrelated tasks. They work both on mainframe programs (WALKER-
interactive accounting) and packages like EXCEL, WP 5.2, VISIO, etc.

The manual is located on a shared drive on the LAN (200 users) in a
write-protected directory. The manual itself consists of a series of
cross-linked (through hypertext buttons) WP 6.0A documents, each of
which details a particular procedure, task, or responsibility. I have
imported flow-charts from VISIO, screen prints from EXCEL and WALKER,
etc. into the WP 6.0 documents.

Because the corporate financial accounting area is in a constant state
of flux, the manual is always being updated... good job security for
me but it does mean that hard copies of the material are out of date
as soon as they have been printed.

The on-line manual project is still in the developmental/test phase
and I have been thrown into the middle of things with no training in
this area at all (I was one of the financial analysts myself until I
got put onto the project because of a side-career as a freelance
writer and a passion for fiddling with computers...) . So, if you,
have any helpful hints I'd be delighted to hear back...

I will search for additional 'manuals' info. in the TECHWR-L
database...