Re: Multiple Audience

Subject: Re: Multiple Audience
From: Aahz <aahz -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 1994 23:36:03 GMT

In article <Pine -dot- 3 -dot- 89 -dot- 9410071715 -dot- A12775-0100000 -at- netcom3>,
Elaine Winters <ewinters -at- netcom -dot- com> wrote:

> Example: The interface on Macintosh computers will
> satisfy 80% of the population, of the world.

> Some people are so sophisticated that the simplicity of the
> intrface irritates them; some are confused by all the 'stuff'
> on the screen.

> By and large *most* people, when looking at the standard
> Macintosh interface, can 'intuit' what to do. This works
> in every country where you'll find a Macintosh computer,
> regardless of the languge. 80% is not an easy percentage
> to accomplish; and clearly, not impossible.

I've seen enough people use Macs with varying degrees of initial success
that I'd like to see a reference for this statistic. If you've actually
seen this figure somewhere, I apologize, but my experience is that
92.36% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
Androgynous kinky vanilla queer het

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question,
but to post the wrong information.