Re: Associations other than STC?

Subject: Re: Associations other than STC?
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 17:48:18 -0800

The STC Administrative Directory, which is *not* routinely
mailed to regular members, has more than two pages on the
subject. You can zap them at stc -at- tmn -dot- com (ask for pp. 22-24).

> What else are my fellow technical communicators members of?

I spent three years trying to be a member of the Institute of
Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Professional
Communication Society, and a stack of Transactions on Profes-
sional Communication on my desk bears evidence that I actually
succeeded for a while. I'll probably try to join again after
giving the Jersey Devil's cousin, the Piscataway Paperwork
Pixilator, some more time to forget about me and select somebody
else as the butt of his Kafka-meets-the-Three-Stooges sense of
humor. They've got a good conference and a good journal, in my
extremely biased opinion (see below).

IEEE also has several other member Societies that technical
communicators might be interested in. Upon joining IEEE, you
will at some point be presented with a menu of them.

Joe
Program chair, 1992 IEEE IPCC
Guest editor, December 1994 IEEE Trans. Prof. Comm.
Sporadic member of IEEE Societies, sometimes the desired ones