Re: Letters and E-mail

Subject: Re: Letters and E-mail
From: Aahz <aahz -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 1994 23:16:40 GMT

In article <9411031928 -dot- AA21986 -at- expert -dot- cc -dot- purdue -dot- edu>,
laila <shamji -at- expert -dot- cc -dot- purdue -dot- edu> wrote:

>I was just talking with a colleague and she said that she was
>E-mailing her "thank you" letters to prospective employers after the
>interview was conducted. I was wondering if you all thought that that
>was an "okay" thing to do. I know that resumes are sent via E-mail
>so perhaps it is an "okay" thing to do. Some suggestions/ideas on
>this issue would be appreciated.

Many people in the hiring process I've talked to recently say that
they're surprised by *any* thank-you letter. If you suspect that to be
the case, an e-mail thank-you is far better than no thank-you.

In addition, as someone else pointed out, if you've had a lot of contact
by e-mail, an e-mail thank-you will be better received.
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
Androgynous kinky vanilla queer het

Seeking job in Silicon Valley doing tech writing or database tech support.
Prefer Unix-oriented position. Send e-mail for resume.