First and Subsequent use of TM in doc

Subject: First and Subsequent use of TM in doc
From: "DSN::HARRISON"@TULSA.DOWELL.SLB.COM
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 15:10:35 -0600

Friends,
A colleague called frantic to find a formal reference to
using the trademark and registered trademark symbols in
a document. The marks would be used for the company
and the product that the documentation is for, not a
third-party. She wants to use them in the first
instance and also cite them on the copyright page. The
client she is working with wants to use them at
every instance in the entire document. We looked
briefly in _Chicago_ but couldn't find any reference
to first *or* subsequent use of these marks.

Please let me know of any formal reference for use
of these marks. I know one's got to be around
somewhere.

Please pardon typos, grammatical goofs, etc. It's Friday,
and it's been a hellava one, at that.

Regards,
Barbi Harrison
harrison -at- tulsa -dot- dowell -dot- slb -dot- com