Re: TW Grad Programs - Atlanta

Subject: Re: TW Grad Programs - Atlanta
From: "JOHNSON, VALORA" <VJOHNSON -at- SMC -dot- CEISMC -dot- GATECH -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 09:00:00 EST

I've just finished my first quarter at Southern Tech and I think that the
program is excellent. For around $200 a course (for Georgia residents),
I'm getting a great deal.
It is, however, very demanding if you work full-time and you are trying to
take a class. It's a relatively short program (45 hours, each class counts
as 5 hours). Tech offers a variety of courses each quarter. Next quarter
they will be offering courses in Instructional Design, Multimedia, Technical
Manuals and Technical Editing.

As for Georgia Tech (GT), we have a program in Technical Writing but it's
very diffrent from the Tech Comm program at Southern Tech (ST). GT is
mainly focused in writing technical information but ST focuses on all
aspects of communication (i.e. technical/professional presentations).

Valora
Valora -dot- Johnson -at- CEISMC -dot- gatech -dot- edu

----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: TW Grad Programs - Atlanta
Date: Wednesday, December 07, 1994 1:13PM

I need to know if the Masters in Technical and Professional Communications
at Southern Tech is a decent program. Also, are there any other schools in
the Atlanta area that offer evening programs that deal with multi-media, and
other high-tech courses that combine technical communication courses.
Forget Georgia Tech! They cater to those who can afford to attend day
school (obviously those who don't have jobs or have highly flexible
positions). Also, Mercer is too expensive right now for me.

Thanks.