Re: backformations

Subject: Re: backformations
From: "Lori A. Moreland" <Lori -dot- Moreland -at- CLE -dot- AB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 1994 09:49:51 -0500

"Backformate" may well be a football term. I wouldn't know, since I'm kinda
sports-illiterate. I do know that I had a (very cool) class in college called
"History of the English Language" in which we studied all kinds of linguistic
progressions. Backformations, as they are called, are legitimate linguistic
concepts.

Peace on earth,
Lori -dot- Moreland -at- ab -dot- com