Re: Health Insurance for Contractors

Subject: Re: Health Insurance for Contractors
From: "D. Citron" <dcitron -at- GATE -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 1994 06:29:53 GMT

I'll tell you what I did.

I have a long-dormant pre-existing condition which prompted all the
companies to offer a rider or exclusion. I said "no way" and turned them
all down.

I set up a corporation with a one-man group. Groups are not underwritten.

Note: If anyone's prompted to follow this up with a plug for Clinton's
so-called "reform", don't waste your electrons. I fought it all year.
Including writing letters and demonstrating at a Clinton speech in Florida.
It is the most important political issue that has come up in my lifetime.

My health is too important to be entrusted to the government. Bureaucrats
consistently screw up. They don't care. If you don't believe that, ask
anyone on medicare or medicaid, or getting treatment at vererans'
hospitals. The stories I've heard! Or think of the service at your local
city hall, courthouse, or drivers' license bureau! But, since this is not
a political newsgroup, I'll step down from my soapbox now, before I get
flamed! <g>