Re[2]: Grammar and usage

Subject: Re[2]: Grammar and usage
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 09:13:00 -0500

To tell you the truth, I, too, would think that a company name that
became a general term MIGHT mean free advertising, unless surveys show
that there is no correlation between household names and increased sales!

Can't answer the survey question, but personally, I'd expect it to *decrease*
sales of that particular company's product while *increasing* sales of
competitor's products. After all, if *all* copiers are xeroxes, then why pay for
a Xerox(TM)? The added value is in the name, but if the name is common to all,
there is no longer any added value.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 24