Re: Grammar vs Content

Subject: Re: Grammar vs Content
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 08:20:32 EST

Bob Allen said:

>3. Let's face it, it's easier to do the grammer than figure out the logic
>behind the author's writing.

I've often suspected that this is part of the problem. I send a draft out
for review. Engineers who are overworked don't really want to take additional
time to review the text for technical errors, so they skim over it and see
if it "looks right." Having met that level, they go after the grammar and
punctuation. Having found a few errors, they can now rationalize returning
the document to me without further inspection.

I got into the habit, a while back, of including a cover letter that says
exactly what I want, and what I don't want, in an inspection.

Rick Lippincott
Eaton Semiconductor
Beverly, MA
rlippinc -at- bev -dot- etn -dot- com