Tech Writing course, creation of

Subject: Tech Writing course, creation of
From: Howard Davis <HMDAVIS -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 13:08:31 -0500

My dept. chair has asked me to develop a syllabus and course outline for a
new tech writing class.

We are a fairly _traditional_ community college with the usual variety of
course offerings. Last semester we began offering students the option to
enroll in a tech-prep program. This program oputs students on a
pre-engineering track and allows them to then enter one of two univerisites
which offer

further course work in engineering.

My intention is to relate some of the course to this particular program and
to talk to professional tech writers in the area, but I would appreciate
any suggestions from the members of this list. SPecifically, I would like
recommendations for textbooks, and I am especially interested in the range of
approaches used in teaching a tech writing class. Also, I would like to
rerad copies of course syllabi.

I'm new to this list, so if this stuff has been rehashed to death, please
write to me directly.
Thanks much.

Howard Davis
Tunxis Community-Technical College