Re: Task as a verb?

Subject: Re: Task as a verb?
From: Jay Cherniak <CHERNJC1_at_TEAPOST -at- TEOMAIL -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 10:25:50 EST

Sonja asks us not to tell her that task as a verb is becoming popular.

I have been hearing task as a verb for years. It reminds me of prioritize,
which sounded strange when it arose 15 years ago but is now accepted. At least,
I don't bother changing it in memos that I edit.

Jay Cherniak
Applied Physics Laboratory
chernjc1 -at- jhuapl -dot- edu
Subject: Task as a verb?
From: Sonja Draeger <sonja -at- HPATO -dot- AUS -dot- HP -dot- COM> at .APL.and.BEYOND.
Date: 2/13/95 8:33 PM

content-type:text/plain;charset=us-ascii
mime-version:1.0

Hi All,

Quite a while back Kathy Stricklin wrote

<snip>
I have been tasked with a new project....
<snip>

Please tell me that using task as a verb is not becoming popular! Does anyone
else say this? What's the story here?

Cheers,
Sonja Draeger
Learning Products Developer
Hewlett-Packard Australia Ltd
sonja -at- hpato -dot- aus -dot- hp -dot- com