My Silicon Valley offer

Subject: My Silicon Valley offer
From: "Shelly M. LaRock" <smlarock -at- MTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 19:43:47 EST

First of all, thanks again to everyone who replied
so quickly with information about salaries in
Silicon Valley. The information I got was extremely
helpful, and for those of you who asked me to
forward you copies, it will be on the way very
soon.

This is the situation. I am graduating at the end of
May. Michigan Tech is on the quarter system, so I
have one quarter left. The company that offered me
the job wants me to start working after *this*
quarter, which would mean putting graduation off
for at least a year or more. Apparently, they're
not too concerned if I have a degree in hand, since
I've finished most of my course work.

I also have two other job offers that both start in
June. I have decided to turn down the Silicon Valley
job and graduate as planned in May. Most of my friends
think I am insane to turn down the job and money, but
I think it's more important to get my degree. If for
some reason my job were to be cut short, I'm afraid
I would be stuck in Palo Alto with an apartment lease
that costs $1000/month, no job, and no degree, which
most likely means no chance of getting another job.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any comments/advice
about my decision. I haven't turned down the job
*yet*.

Thanks again to everyone who helped!

Shelly La Rock
smlarock -at- mtu -dot- edu


Previous by Author: [no subject]
Next by Author: Re: User vs. Reference (fwd)
Previous by Thread: Re: negotiating part-time status
Next by Thread: Re: My Silicon Valley offer


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads