Re: Incorporate?

Subject: Re: Incorporate?
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 17:36:00 PST

What you say may well be true. My point of view is that incorporation does
not affect employability.
===============
At 2:24 PM 2/16/95 -0500, Win Day wrote:
>To: techwr-l -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu

>EE> From everything I've heard, incorporating may make some employers
>EE> feel better about hiring a contractor, but incorporation does
>EE> notthing for the contractor from a tax standpoint.

>Are you sure? In Canada at least, it can make a BIG difference.

>Individuals are taxed at the personal income rate for their income
>level. As your income rises, so does your personal tax rate.
>Corporations are taxed at the business rate. That rate is higher than
>the personal rate only for net incomes below a certain level ($30,000
>CDN I think). So once your income increases it may be to your advantage
>to incorporate.

>One other thing to consider. Incorporating limits your personal
>liability if you get sued because somebody got hurt while following a
>procedure you wrote.

> * RM 1.3 * Eval Day 3 * RoboMail -- Version 1.3 -- Available now!

Regards,

Marc

Technical Writer/Trainer
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr.
Oakland, CA 94612-3540
santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"An idiot with a computer is a faster, better idiot"
- Rich Julius