Re: Blank spaces

Subject: Re: Blank spaces
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 13:39:30 -0800

> How do most of you handle spacing between text and graphics, text and tables,
> and between text blocks within a document?

> David Dubin -at- notes -dot- pw -dot- com

I try to keep things as simple as possible. I set
all "normal" or "body" type paragraphs to a single
line before. This usually includes paragraphs
that contain graphics and/or I set the same spacing
for frames.

Paragraphs within tables usually get 1/2 line
before and 1/2 line after to even out any
rules. All bulleted lists, whether single-
or multi-line items, get 1/2 line before.

Headings, on the other hand, vary. Level 1's
usually start a new page. Level 2's get 2 lines
before and maybe 1/2 line after, depending on
the layout. Level 3's are either 1 or 1 1/2
lines before and no extra after, again, depending
on the layout.

Sue Gallagher
StarBase Corp, Irvine CA
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com