Re: splitting up a big Word file

Subject: Re: splitting up a big Word file
From: Kelly Hoffman <kelly -at- NASHUA -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 10:23:33 -0500

Doug Fettig <fettig -at- IFU -dot- IFU -dot- NET> writes:

> As buggy as it is, I've found no other way but to use [Word's]
> master document "feature." I just sent a guide to the printer last
> week, and here are some of tips/tricks that helped me:

[list of 4 tips deleted]

To which I add:

5. Call Microsoft and complain. Politely, but firmly and often --
until you get a satisfactory response.

They will continue to release dreck unless their user base rebels.
You paid good money for that software, and it's not too much to ask
that it work as advertised.

Regards,

kkh

--
Kelly K. Hoffman Hewlett-Packard, Network Test Division, Nashua, NH
kelly -at- nashua -dot- hp -dot- com "Reading the manual is admitting defeat."