Re: Brand/model of keyboard w/trackball below space bar, func. keys on left?

Subject: Re: Brand/model of keyboard w/trackball below space bar, func. keys on left?
From: Kelly Hoffman <kelly -at- NASHUA -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 09:29:27 -0500

Patrick O'Connell <patricko -at- EICON -dot- COM> writes:

> I'm looking for the above to take the strain off of my right elbow -- I've
> been told I have tennis elbow and it's due to repetitive strain. Methinks
> Mr. Mouse, combined with the not-at-all-ergonomic office furniture we have
> here, is to blame!

Pat (and anyone else who's concerned about RSI), check out the typing
injuries FAQ:

Wallach, Dan S. (1995) "Typing Injury FAQ: Keyboard
Alternatives" Usenet news.answers.

Available via anonymous ftp from rtfm.mit.edu in
pub/usenet/news.answers/typing-injury-faq/keyboards. 31 pages.
[it's also posted regularly to the comp.human-factors
newsgroup, et al.]

You can reach it via the World Wide Web at
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~dwallach/tifaq/general.html

The FAQ is filled with useful info on keyboard and mouse alternatives,
furniture, RSI symptoms, glossary of terms, etc., including
manufacturer/vendor contact info and reviews. Very informative.

As mentioned in the FAQ, there's also an ftp archive with lots of
useful info at ftp.csua.berkeley.edu in pub/typing-injury.

Regards,

kkh

--
Kelly K. Hoffman Hewlett-Packard, Network Test Division, Nashua, NH
kelly -at- nashua -dot- hp -dot- com "Reading the manual is admitting defeat."