Re: Mindless Screen Shots

Subject: Re: Mindless Screen Shots
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 09:25:29 -0600

On Mon, 3 Apr 1995, Susan W. Gallagher wrote:

> I pepper my docs liberally with all manner and sorts of
> bitmaps, but I resist the urge to slap in an entire
> screen where only a piece (or a picture) will do.

I believe that Susan is right on target here. Not only is it unnecessary
to include the whole screen where only a piece or picture will do, it can
even create more confusion in the reader to include too much. It is often
clearer to show just the icon or portion of a screen that we are actually
talking about so the reader does not have to search for the information
in the visual.

RoMay Sitze People are persuaded more
rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu by the depth of your conviction
than the height of your logic,
More by your enthusiasm
than any proof you can offer.
-author unknown-