Re: Need Help with Wording!

Subject: Re: Need Help with Wording!
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 09:56:13 -0600

On Mon, 3 Apr 1995, Susan W. Gallagher wrote:

> I've got a problem with an instruction! The construction
> works well for other areas of the program (restore a file, etc.)
> but for *this* particular area (changing the number of versions
> to keep) it's really a mouthfull. See what'cha think...

> 1. At the Boris main window, select Vault>Change Number
> of Versions to Keep... from the menu.

> 2. If you have more than one file vault defined, the menu
> cascades to display the file vault names. Select the
> ^^^^^^^^^^
> vault in which the file for which you want to change
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> the number of versions resides.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow, this really is a mouthful. As just a quickie, first pass through
thought, I would change the "in which the file" to "where the file".
Another possibility is to say "Select the vault that contains the file
for which you want to change the number of versions."

Good luck.

RoMay Sitze People are persuaded more
rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu by the depth of your conviction
than the height of your logic,
More by your enthusiasm
than any proof you can offer.
-author unknown-