Re: Resolving edits

Subject: Re: Resolving edits
From: Linda Anderson <lindaa -at- PC-SERV1 -dot- EMTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 09:47:30 -0700

Charles Webster wrote:

> How do you handle the situation in which one reviewer (out
> of a total of six) who insists that his/her changes/edits
> _must_ be incorporated in to the current revision?

I would add one thing to what Sue Heim said.

Whenever I've not been able to convince an "expert" that his/her edits
would not work as well as s/he thought, I've incorporated the ones s/he
was most adamant about and ignored the others. I've only run across one
instance where the person kept a copy of their recommended changes or had
a good memory and caught it.

Otherwise, if they aren't earth shattering, I'd say just let the person
have his/her own way this time. You may find them more receptive to
working with you the next time around.

Linda

In hearing, there is wisdom. In speaking, repentance.
Confucius

EMTEK Health Care Systems
Tempe, Arizona
USA