Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 13 May 1995 to 14 May 1995

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 13 May 1995 to 14 May 1995
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 09:51:13 -0400

>------------------------------

>Date: Sun, 14 May 1995 21:17:07 -0500
>From: Cheryl Towler <cherylt -at- PANDORA -dot- MICRO -dot- UMN -dot- EDU -dot- >
>Subject: lit review on portfolios

>I'm looking for information about portfolio preparation for the job
>search. If you know of any articles about preparing porfolios, please
>send me the bibliography information.

>Thank you,

I've seen a few items in journals that discussed portfolios for writers.
All of them concentrated on the *content* --- what type of samples to
include, length, etc. *None* of them discussed presentation --- how to
show off your stuff so you look like a competent professional. Few of my
colleagues have formal portfolios. Most just take along a folder with
samples and a tote bag with a couple of larger manuals.

Here are one book that I have found helpful for presentation suggestions.
It was written primarily for graphic artists and art students, but the
material can easily be adapted for writers.

How to Prepare Your Portfolio, Revised edition
Ed Marquand
Art Direction Book Company
(c) 1981

Hope this helps.

@Kat
- view sig with monospaced font & 60char screen window -

Kat Nagel LIFE1 (techwriting) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
MasterWork LIFE2 (music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com

/| It's more fun to arrive at a conclusion
\'o.O' than to justify it.
=(___)= ......Malcolm S. Forbes