Looking for STC Panelists

Subject: Looking for STC Panelists
From: Elinor Knodel <knodelel -at- ESVAX -dot- DNET -dot- DUPONT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 10:48:46 EDT

Dear Colleagues,

I am a technical writer at DuPont managing a number of mostly
internal documentation projects for different businesses. I am
currently looking for several people who would be interested in
presenting a panel discussion with me at the 1996 STC meeting in
Seattle in May 1996 on the value technical communicators add to
projects.

We are acquiring the discipline of calculating returns on
investment for our various business partners within DuPont and I
would like to present one case study. I think many of us tech
communicators would like to be able to provide that kind of
feedback to our partners/customers, but often don't know how to
do it within the limits of budget, time, and interest in the real
world. I'd like to explore using some of the methods that people
like Ginny Redish and Judith Ramey have published.

If you are interested in participating on such a panel, please
contact me directly (at the address below) and not through the
quite soon (Aug 1). I would be glad to be the moderator and to
submit the proposal. It requires a few paragraphs on the
presentations, division of time, and sample discussion questions.
A one-page paper is suggested for submission later in the year.

Thanks for your consideration. Also please pass along this
message to other possible panelists.

Elinor Knodel

knodelel -at- esvax -dot- dnet -dot- dupont -dot- com