Why we're unsubscribing

From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 16:02:59 GMT

-> Because it takes a half an hour EACH DAY to download all the
-> messages from our service (AOL) and then endless hours to wade
-> through mostly very narrow special interest topics.

Alternate suggestions, since the list was here before AOL and
shouldn't necessarily have to cater to AOL's shorcomings especially
when they aren't a problem to those of us using real Internet providers:

1. Get a faster modem -- AOL offers 14.4 and even 28.8k access numbers
in many areas. The 2.5 verson of the AOL software supports high speed
access. I can access AOL directly through TCP/IP over a T1, so if you
have that capability where you work, why not use it?

2. Consider using a different Internet Service Provider. AOL is not the
cheapest, not the most efficient, nor the best-featured of ISPs out
there. It is great for beginners. There are plenty of commercial
providers that offer the features you want, with or without the
cutesy graphics. Many cities have a local "computer paper", with ads
for local ISPs hungry for your business.

Cheers, @DISCLAIMER@
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
http://www.mustang.com ftp://ftp.mustang.com
MSI * Connecting the world 805-873-2500