Re: Homonyms (Ladle Rat Rotten Hut)

Subject: Re: Homonyms (Ladle Rat Rotten Hut)
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 13:19:13 -0500

>Harv Millman wrote-->
>> Speaking of homonyms (near- and nearer), has anyone ever seen "The Anguish
>> Languish" by someone named Chace? (The second "c" is not a typo.) Among
>> its
>> tasty offerings is "a ladle furry starry" entitled "Ladle Rat Rotten Hut."

>Technique magazine printed "Ladle Rat Rotten Hut" several issues
>ago. I kept it. (Well, I keep all issues of Technique.) It is
>clever and charming...I love it!

>Bev

You can also find it in Richard Lederer's book, _Get Thee to a Punnery_.

LaVonna
LaVonna F. Funkhouser Immediate Past President, OK Chapter
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com Program Manager, 1995 Region 5 Conf.
technical writer Society for Technical Communication
COREStaff Communication Svcs.

My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.