Re: Fwd: RE: Fwd: "May" vs. "Can"

Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: Fwd: "May" vs. "Can"
From: Frank Stearns <franks -at- FSATOOLS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 18:53:38 -0700

> -- [ From: Stuart Reynolds * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> may gives permission. can means it's possible.

Bingo! One thing to add to this brew would be "might". Sometimes "may" is
used to show a possibility, when the better choice (given the rule above)
would be "might".

| Frank Stearns Associates | Developers of Tools for FrameMaker(r): |
| franks -at- fsatools -dot- com | IXgen, FM2A, Programmable Export Kit |
| 360/892-3970 fx:360/253-1498 | Developers of Custom Software Tools |
| http://www.pacifier.com/~franks (Email if web page access problems) |
Please note our new area codes. Your local phone system may not recognize
an area code that does not have a "1" or "0" as the center digit. Use 206
through Aug 95, and ask your telephone service provider for an upgrade.