Multiple ways of doing things

Subject: Multiple ways of doing things
From: David and Susan Suna <suna -at- CNCT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 21:50:07 +0000

I am working on a book about WordPerfect. For a given task that I am
describing there are three ways of doing it. What is the best
presentation method for multiple ways of doing the same thing? The
options I have thought of are:
1. List all methods with examples.
2. List only one method (i.e. the simplest) and leave out the other
methods.
3. List one method as the primary method with a note that there are
other ways to do the same task. Give a brief pointer to the other
methods.

I tried option 1 but it seems wordy and repetitive as some of the
steps are common between the different methods.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Susan Suna.