Re: Project Management Skills and Tech Writing.

Subject: Re: Project Management Skills and Tech Writing.
From: Barb Miller <millerb -at- TCPLINK -dot- NREL -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 17:09:03 MDT

Mark Crane says

I'm curious about the phrase "Project Management Skills" seen in so many
position descriptions. Is it fairly common for TWs to juggle three or
four projects simultaneously?

Only 3 or 4? Try 17. Granted half of them are 2-page fact sheets and
some are currently in review somewhere. But they'll be back!

And, if this is true, were you born with this ability or did you acquire it
out of necessity?

Being a mother helps.

Finally, does anyone use project management software to control their
writing projects?

Yes, I use a simple program called GanttChart to TRACK my projects. (I
think my projects control me.) Several people in my group use
Microsoft Project.

Barbara Miller
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
millerb -at- tcplink -dot- nrel -dot- gov