Re: Dilbert Hitting (too) Close to Home

Subject: Re: Dilbert Hitting (too) Close to Home
From: Mike Christie <mikec -at- SYNTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 09:05:27 -0700

Garret Romaine wrote:

> The current strips with "Tina the brittle tech writer" are, well,
> interesting.
<snip>
> I hope he's on the 'we don't get no respect' thread and working to
> something.
What's interesting is that he's basing much of this on *us*! Remember how
some techwhirlers were so offended by the originial Dilbert tech writer
cartoon ("fetid cheese and yummy compost salad")? And remember how someone
sent him the thread, and he said he was going to use it? Well here it is,
us in all our brittleness! But Garrett is right, it all does hit a little
too close to home. Our QA manager brought in yesterday's ("re-type this
org chart") strip, and I was ROTFL. I hate to think how many times I've
wanted to pound my fist on the table and say (or shout) some variation on
"I'm a highly skilled communications professional...." The QA manager said
to me "Now we know who's been sending ideas to Scott Adams!" It wasn't me,
honest!! But maybe there were a couple of times when I actually *did*
engage in such a tirade? Nah, couldn't be. No way. Never.

> And while I'm at it, I cringe to think what Scott's stereotypical
> male technical writer would be like.
I don't even want to think about it...

Mike Christie
Senior Information Developer